Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Organization - A Place for Everything

A Place for Everything ... hmmmm ... Okay so everything needs to have a home of it's own.

Let's me think ... let's start in the kitchen because it is probably the most organized.

What needs a home:
bags of pasta that slide off of the shelves
bread that gets lost on top of the deep freeze
sack of pecans
cooking utensils
cleaning supplies under the sink
cleaning tools
gallon jugs when not filled with tea and fruit drinks
medicines on top of the refrigerator

Solution:
see thru containers for pasta set them on the pantry shelves
checked the sack of pecans and chunked them
cleaning tools need a rack on the South wall
cleaning supplies under the sink in a tote bucket with handle, gallon jugs in larger tote
install shelf in big cabinet on north wall for gallon jugs on top and sodas, unopened juices and coffee on bottom
meds on top of refrigerator need their own tote/first aid station
bread needs a bread box/extra loves go into the freezer
rearrange freezers - upright deep freeze: meats, chest deep freeze: veggies, refrigerator freezer: bread & ice
shelves on north wall that are deep enough to sit my crock pots on, along with my mixing bowls, measuring cups, and maybe my pretty baking dishes that belonged to my mother

This is more entailed than I believed ... so I will work on another room tomorrow. If I am going to do this ... I need to follow Colossians 3:23 - And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, nowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward fo the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. I need to work for my family as though I am working for God. If my work is done in honor of Christ, maybe organizing my house will bring an eternal reward. Ah, to dream of a home in heaven that is self cleaning ... tee hee!!

No comments: