Wednesday, May 16, 2007

All the Curriculum in It's Place

Well, I went to bed last night thinking, and praying about this disorganization. I joined a new group yesterday. It is based on the workbook by Cynthia Hancox. It is called Goodbye Chaos, Hello Peace. I already like the sound of it. Her demeanor has given me such a feeling of peace and tranquility!! I have barely started reading my first few pages, and I have a can do spirit. It is still hard to believe the work she has poured into this first unit and isn't charging a dime for it.

And not only has this given me the spirit to organize my home and get it under control, but it has shown me where I need to seriously dedicate my efforts to my other endeavors.

I train Border Collies to herd. Shamefully, since our two pups died, I have not worked with my best friend not one time. And I know he is SO FRUSTRATED!! Yes, he loves to come in the house and be with me, but he also needs to be outside, running, jumping, herding, fetching, and doing the Border Collie Hustle!! Right now he is curled up around my feet as I sit here blogging. His love for me is so evident ... so, I ask myself "what have you done for him lately?"

I am trying to lose about 45 - 50 pounds. It is so hard to not get discouraged. I was down 10 pounds last week, but this week since I have increased my work out I have gained 5 pounds back. I am riding my bike 8 miles a day (at 20 mph), and am doing abdominal workouts with the new Bender Ball. Today, I could barely bend over my abdominal muscles hurt so bad. I have had to stop and stretch several times today. BUT, I can tell a difference in my waist line already, under my ribs there is an indention instead of another lovely jiggly roll. ((SIGH)) Glad my hubby loves me!! Otherwise these love handles would be soooo depressing!! BUT, there again I am not going to allow those five pounds to deter me from my task at hand. I am going to work out everyday whether I lose ONE POUND or ONE OUNCE. THAT's it ... no getting out of it!!


Now for today mission of "In It's Place", all of the curriculum that I have been so carefully sorting by subject, publisher, method, etc. has finally been laid to rest in the filing cabinet. My shelves have been sorted also, so that our school books have a shelf instead of being moved from spot in the floor, to spot on the table, to spot on the chair, to ... well, you get the idea. And I found a place for all of our reference materials that we use frequently in our classes. There was also room for each one of the children's notebooks that are used daily. So, there notebooks have a home now too. I have two more tables that need to be cleaned off, but I am taking them one day at a time, one step at a time. BIG plus to all of this, I separated out our financials from the curriculum when I finally was able to get all the curriculum filed away in the new filing cabinet. Plus all of the boxes that Roo has so graciously hauled home from the office have given me a place to neatly store our notebooks until more shelves are built, the children's drawings & loose papers, and other misc. filing that we don't have drawer space for right now.

No comments: