Monday, May 14, 2007

Organization of the Disorganized

Disorganization ... THAT is what my mother should have named me. It would have been much easier, much more REALISTIC instead of naming her little girl Jessica Jean ...

SIGH

Oh, well, here goes! As I quipped this morning on a homeschooling list that I belong to, "I really need to lapbook Flylady and my routines!" Well, honestly, instead of a lapbook, I need a poster. I have seen a calendar at Office Depot that was a Post-It Note on a pretty colorful calendar. http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/products/prod_notes_sn.html LOL, I need something where I can SEE what I need to do, physically check it off, and NOT have to make this list again or have it stuffed away in a notebook somewhere. That notebook while VERY useful for keeping track of all seven of us at home, is a problem when it comes to cleaning house. WHY??? I don't know ... please don't ask me, I've asked myself this question over and over ad nauseum!!

THEN, I get an article in the e-mail from Maria Gracia. The 7 Habits of VERY Organized People the VERY was my emphasis ... it is the way the article made me feel. This is it ... these are the very organized, they can do it ... you can't. And as I look around at my piles, I see that I can't. So, here goes ... starting in the morning (since today is GONE). I am going to tackle ONE habit a day. And as each day progresses I will add a habit. Now, I am not saying that I am going to adopt this habit immediately, but with each passing day I am going to blog my game plan as to how to implement these HABITS in my life. I figure one a day and I'll have a plan by next week. ROFL ... I may be stretching it ... but hey MIRACLES have been known to happen.

So, now as to why my blog is SO LACKING ... I clicked the feature to EMAIL my blog in and guess what ... I am the dufus that put the wrong address in the box. So there ... I am the goob, the dufus, the gizmo ... it has been written on the internet. Confessions of a disorganized woman!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linked to your page from discussion on lapbooking yahoo page where you posted. Read your short bio and your posts on getting organized and oh my can I relate. I have 8 children and clutter has been the bane of my existence. Seems when I go back and read old journals, I am forever pleading with the Lord to help me conquer this area in my life. We lived in Clovis, NM and Abilene, TX so we are familiar with your "neck of the woods." Anyway on the issue of organization, I've read all the books I think and recently I bought an ebook that I absolutely loved and it's finally helping. It's called Declutter Fast and it's available at www.declutterfast.com and this one, more than any other before, finally built me up and helped me make progress. I don't know if clutter is part of your problem but I do know that housework is easier when there's less stuff to deal with. If you want to email directly to me and commiserate or encourage one another, it's woffards@juno.com I'm not a homeschool blogger (not enough hours in the day) nor do I do more than read the posts on lapbooking but I do love them (no time to post anything)but I've found that teenagers in the home can be more time consuming than toddlers (Lord help me!). Bless you as you strive to bring order and routine to your home. --Sandy