Thursday, April 02, 2009

Teaching the little ones ...

Lately, I have been wondering ... what am I supposed to be doing?!?!

I know some of the things I "WANT" to be doing, but I wonder if they are truly what I am supposed to be doing.

I SO love being at home with my children teaching and training them ... but I so love training others where they are aware and thus, they are safe / safer from harm, they are healthier, and our environment is protected.

I am torn between two hearts ... and I do not feel led to quit either path.



Mr. "D" asked me Wednesday why in the world I would want to teach, after I had him in the sixth grade. HAHAHA ... little does he know but that one class a day, with him was probably what spurred me more into being a teacher of my children. I remember the care that he took teaching us, making sure that even though we were the cream of the crop readers, we never stood still, we never sat back and just coasted. He challenged us ... he dangled the carrots, and he made sure we were stretching just as far as our little minds could possibly stretch. Thanks Mr. "D" ... you are one of the very best that OUR education system has to offer.

So, really why do I want to teach my children ... well, beyond the obvious reason of I want them to have a well-rounded academic base when they go to college that has been well nurtured in all areas, not just football ...
  • I also LOVE being the one that is there with them when they learn these new things. I love being the one that sees that "I GOT IT!!" moment.
  • I want to be there first hand to hear those cuties - Momma, I want to study about the pyramids where all the mommies live. Hehehe ...
  • I want to be the one that holds their little hands and explains the wonders of God's world while we sit outside at night gazing at the stars, walk through the zoos marvelling at all the animals or through the aquarium watching all the fish swim by, or when we watch a rain storm and they realize the water cycle that we have been discussing.

Now, I have added to my plate VBS for our church this summer. I get to teach 4 and 5 year olds ... I AM SOOOO EXCITED! I can't wait for VBS to get here. LOL, you'd think that I would get tired of teaching ... but I love it. It is a way of life for me ...

No comments: