Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Beef ... it's what's for dinner ...


Ode to Bubba T-Bone
Oh, dear cow friend
we have so loved you...
we have given you plenty of fresh grass
and freshly ground feed
cool fresh water
You have mooooooo-ed
your perfectly pitiful moo
when we pull in the drive
with groceries
whether they were for you
or us
You have looked at us
with your soft loving eyes
somehow I think
knowing what was on
our minds ....
Thank you Bubba T-Bone ...
Your 800 lb sacrifice has already been appreciated by the hands that fed you.
We have all thoroughly enjoyed your delicious ground beef, and
Last night we all noshed on Club Steaks that you have so generously provided!
You, my dear steer, will forever be remembered as our first freezer full of home grown beef!
Maine-Anjou's everywhere .... I salute you!!!
Okay ... enough silliness! The beef is the BOMB. Last nights steaks had NOTHING on them except for salt and pepper. That was to date the MOST flavorful steak I have EVER put in my mouth. And all I did was throw them in the broiler and cook them ... nothing fancy. No grilling ... no barbque-ing ... nothing except salt, pepper, and the broiler of my propane stove. It isn't the method ... it is the meat!

No comments: