Saturday, March 29, 2008

Seeds are on their way

This message was sent to you at the request of W. ATLEE BURPEE to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact W. ATLEE BURPEE directly.

((dancing around the living room))

Seeds are on their way - I can't wait!! My Rooster love is building me a "greenhouse" where 1) I do not have to fight the weeds and grass - yes you heard me GRASS anytime you till a spot of dirt on this farm burmuda grass grows THICK and 2) I don't have to crawl around on my creaky knees with the rattle-bugs.

GW killed the first rattler this week ... made this Momma's heart sink. First my baby isn't old enough to be out killing snakes, and second the carefree days of Spring are already over. While I do realize that snakes have their place in our ecosystem, I really wish they would find some place else to live besides my little spot o' heaven. When I fussed at him, it made him cry - not because I "fussed" but because the snake nearly bit his little brother therefore he may have saved his little brothers life. Now, anyone that knows our little Jon would sagely shake their heads in agreement with GW's assessment - little guy is no bigger than Savannah and sure doesn't have the immune system to fight even a graze from a rattler. So, in truth he did save his brother - now I ask you ... can I just lock them up in the house until winter????? No - because there will be NO sanity left in this mother and there will be NO house left standing.

And for any of my readers concerned about a puppy update ... ahem ... ya' know who ya' are ... they are all GORGEOUS ... I have some BLUE EYED PUPPIES THIS TIME!!!! The first litter - Callie-girls are SO hilarious - they are up walking and barking and howling and whining ... I had one get bit by momma last night trying to get into her food bowl. They were three weeks the 26th ... little stinks are just like kids - grow up way too fast!!

Well, I guess this is about it today ... I need to get my day going ... as it is right now this is the only voice I have - yeah yeah yeah my lucky husband and children don't have to listen to me as I don't have a voice above a whisper due to a STUPID SUMMER COLD!!! ARGH!!!!!!

No comments: