Friday, March 07, 2008

Finally Friday!

What a WEEK!! Well, actually what a last few weeks!! It has been a whirl-wind since February 14th, when we left to visit our family in East Texas. Finally, we are getting settled back down into a decent routine. School is getting caught up - ARGH ... it is SO hard to catch up college. The kids just fall right back into their routine, but Rooster-love and I have literally plodded along trying to get back in the college groove. PLUS, my dear Rooster-love has been taking advantage of his new career allowing him to have a family life. "Big Blue" said that they are all about the family, however, his last position didn't allow for his family - wonder what family they were talking about!! BUT, we have finally realized that "Big Blue" is all about the family. YEAH go team!!

My homeschool is rolling right along - I updated some of our curriculum, stayed with some that we have been using, and changed a few things that I felt like were just not doing the job I needed. We completely changed our history and geography. We are going to be studying Story of the World, and the Trail Guide Geography series. I do not feel that our current history / geography program is really producing the results that we want for our children. Rooster-love and I have set a rather high standard for our children, and we are not seeing the results that we want. For one, they are only getting about a paragraph of solid history - uhm, that doesn't work for this history lovin' momma. And the geography well, it is just lacking also ... so ... yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the geography thing is an even bigger pet than the history for me. So, here we go - new year expanding our curriculum, stepping outside the box. Yeah ... go team! Well, at least until I can get back to writing my own - whimper, I so miss our unit studies!!!

Of course today, my little homeschoolers are just beside themselves. Since their Poppa started his new job, were were able to aquire a second vehicle for the family. Well, today we get to meet our homeschooling group at Chick-fil-a for lunch. So, the condition was we get to go if we have lessons and chores done ... my children were up at 6:00 am this morning doing their chores and getting ready to go ... we don't leave for about TWO hours still ... hahahahah!!! They are being SO GOOD this morning. I think it is SO funny - little stinker kids!!

Well, I must hustle off to do my morning thing ... were I can get ready to go!

Talk to ya'll later ....

No comments: