Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Further Thoughts on What A Woman Should Know and Have ...

As I sat here tonight thinking more and more about the poem I posted earlier today, I began to answer each of the statement with thoughts of my own, and knew that it was too good an opportunity to pass up.



enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to or needs to...


A woman should have enough money in her control to move out and rent a place of her own – we should never put neither ourselves, or our husbands, or our children’s safety in jeapordy. If something was to happen to my dear love, and I could not access money to take care of us, what kind of wife and mother would I be?


something perfect to wear if the employer, or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour...


Oh, definitely – I have a special outfit just for my dear love’s “calls” to meet him for a “date”. Whether we are going to Sonic for happy hour, or he is taking me out to eat at our favorite little Italian restaurant.


a youth she's content to leave behind....


Why would any woman want to drag her youth with her … women that try to re-live their youth are missing out on the spectacular part of being a WOMAN! I know who I am, and how special I am because I am a woman.


a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age....


A past juicy enough that I look forward to retelling it – sure, who’s to say what is juicy though. Juicy pasts don’t have to be anything dirty – they can be a fairy tale story of falling in love. Juicy just means, in my opinion, a story worth telling. And I have a love story so worth telling …


a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...


Yep, I have the screwdrivers, the cordless drill, and the lacy things to go with … AND, because I want to bless my dear love – I know how to use them! It is one thing to own the screwdriver, the drill and the lace – but it is another to know how, and when to use them. He knows what my lace looks like, but no one else does!!


one friend who always makes her laugh... and one who lets her cry...


Sisters are so important – whether they be the ones that you share DNA with, or just the ones that you share commonality with – I don’t think a woman should try to go through life without her sisters!


a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family...


Yes, but she should also take great care of those pieces passed down through her family – and never forget to tell the stories that go with those beautiful pieces of your family.


eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal, that will make her guests feel honored..


A woman should also take the time frequently to bring those honored guests together. What good is it to have the plates, glasses, and a recipe – if we don’t ever use them. This recipe doesn’t have to be a London broil or a rack of lamb – it could be a fabulous bbq meal. Recipes are a lot more than the ingredients, they are the love and care that it takes to prepare, and serve your friends and but most importantly your family.


a feeling of control over her destiny.


Okay, I know you are sitting there going HOW can I – someone that is my husband’s helpmeet –be in control of my destiny. That is ridiculous right? Wrong!! I have free will, I make my choices, I have not checked my brain at the door. My dear love values me for much more than my housekeeping skills – which is probably a VERY GOOD THING ((looking around at my piles!!!)). Not to mention the fact that I chose Jesus Christ as my savior, therefore I have controlled my destiny yet again by my choice to be a Christian.


how to fall in love without losing herself.


Impossible, nope … quite simple in fact all you have to do is BE yourself when you FALL IN LOVE!


how to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship..


Don’t lie, be genuine, and be true to yourself – all the rest will sort out in the wash. I’ve never quit a job that my employer didn’t want to hire me back – why? Because I didn’t lie to them, I did my job to the best of my ability, and they knew I could count on me! Same goes with my friends – they know they can count on me to be there!


when to try harder... and WHEN TO WALK AWAY...


There again, if you are genuine you know when you have to try harder and you know when a situation is impossible. You have to know when to butt your head on the wall, and when you are just making a migraine for yourself!


that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents..


But this isn’t Carte Blanche to let yourself go nor is it the go ahead to give up on your parents. Your parents are the ones that gave you life – no matter if they are the best in the world, or if they are the worst in the world – they are the ones that brought you into this world. Course I am a fine one to talk about letting one’s self go, however, I am putting my hoof’s to the pavement each morning. This ole’ heifer is going to look good again in that lacy stuff her Rooster loves so much!


that her childhood may not have been perfect...but it's over...


And boy am I glad that it is over over over!! I don’t want to be 18 again, I don’t want to be 16 again, I don’t want to be a child again! I like being nearly forty … IT IS UBER COOL to be this old!!


what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...


I will lay down my life for my love, but I will not give up myself for his love. He loves me for who I am – not what he could change me into!


how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it...


I can live alone, but I hate it. Hopefully, when my Rooster love slips away to our farm upstairs, I will be strong enough to ramble around in our barn all alone – I hate to think about it, but it is truly a possibility.


whom she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally...


Maybe this is the thought that we should really ponder daily … who we can trust, who we can’t, and how not to take it personally … In the words of Michael Coreleone … "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" – that is probably a GREAT path to take in life!


where to go...be it to her best friend's kitchen table... or a charming inn in the woods...when her soul needs soothing...


I know the numbers, the email addresses, and the doorsteps to go to when my soul need soothing. I know exactly who to call when I need a friendly ear, when I need my butt kicked, and when I just need to bawl like a baby for no apparent reason. But the best part is, the souls at the other end of the phone/email/door know that they can call me anytime day or night and I will be there for them!


what she can and can't accomplish in a day...a month...and a year...


Ah, but sadly knowing exactly what I can and cannot accomplish in a day / a month / a year does not stop me from trying to do it all in one hour! I have so little patience at times especially for things that I “THINK” I have control over!!

No comments: