Thursday, January 10, 2008

Experience ...




First a picture from the SandyHills of West Texas ... a beautiful sunrise ... I love this time of morning ... I hear the animals rustling around in their hay ... baby goats bleating for their momma, Bubba mooo-in' to his friends down the road, Harley talking to me about what went on during the night,the girls barking to Harley, the chickens clucking, the roosters from all over the countryside crowing, and the silence ... the blessed silence - no vehicles running, no sounds from the highway, or the oilfield for that matter ... just the sounds of the country. That is one of the main reasons I have ALWAYS wanted to live in the country ... the silence so that I could hear God speak ...



Okay, first let me preface the next section of this post with ... "I usually keep my political opinions to myself." But, this ... this NONSENSE with Hillary Clinton has got me going this evening. I keep reading posts about how she is the "experienced" candidate. Experienced at what???? Being the first lady? Okay, I'll give her that one ... I'm experienced at being my husband's wife, chief bottle washer, cook, partner in life, business partner, etc. but does that mean I am going to go to his office and fill in for him??? I think not ... that would be like the joke I read yesterday ....










In a news conference Deanna Favre announced she will be the starting QB for the Packers this coming Sunday. Deanna asserts that she is qualified to be starting QB because she has spent the past 16 years married to Brett while he played QB for the Packers. During this period of time she became familiar with the definition of a corner blitz, and is now completely comfortable with other terminology of the Packers offense. A survey of Packers fans shows that 50% of those polled supported the move.
Does this sounds idiotic and unbelievable to you? Well, Hillary Clinton makes the same claims as to why she is qualified to be President and 50% of democrats polled agreed. She has never run a City, County, or State.
When told Hillary Clinton has experience because she has 8 years in the White House, Dick Morris stated "so has the pastry chef".



If it comes down to voting into office someone with her "experience", I think I would take my chances with the pastry chef!! I think that has to be the most absurd leap I have heard a politician take in a long time ... and this from the woman that believes politicians about 5% of the time. Sorry, but I take my politicians with a grain of salt. I do not believe that most of this countries leaders are what I instruct my children in as honesty. I listen to what the candidates say, and then I read ... read ... read ... and read some more. I don't believe you can take them at their word, and I surely don't believe you can take them at their "emotion". Excuse me but isn't that the oldest ploy in the book ... Talk about pulling the wool over your eyes ... what IDIOT would believe that nonsense ...whoots, sorry, I shouldn't have called anyone an "idiot", but really you have to wonder at the "intellectual" thought behind that move. PEOPLE she teared up over a question about her hair?!?!?!?!




People ask me frequently how I do it ... I go to school, I take care of my husband while he works 70+ hours a week and goes to school, I take care of our five children, I homeschool all five of our children, and we are active in the things that interest us ... but it doesn't bring a tear to my eye. When someone asks me "how I do it", I look them straight in the eye and tell them, "with a lot of prayer". That is how you do it ... no matter what you are doing. I just find this nonsense utterly ridiculous ...


Oh, yeah ... I've seen Hillary's village and I don't want her helping raise my children in any form or fashion ... no way ... no how ...


UPDATED Picture ... ah, see it pays to have talented friends in the blogosphere ... Big White Hat cleaned up my sunrise and made it look like what I experienced!!

6 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

Okay. If your not going to pony up and buy Photoshop, you need to download Gimp for free.

I'm going to take your photo here and edit it then leave a link here in the comments. Your going to like it.

bigwhitehat said...

Okay try this

http://www.bigwhitehat.com/images/100_0162.jpg

I did that quickly with Gimp. I used the clone stamp to remove the time stamp and highlines. Then I lightened it up slightly.

Think about what you can do to pictures you actually take time to fix.

About the post, I'll never ask how you do it. I hate it when people ask me that. It almost implies that my life isn't fun.

Jess J Jordan said...

Hey now ... Ornery Big White Hat!!

I have Paint Shop Pro ... I was just a bit lazy when I slung this one up ...

bigwhitehat said...

I have not used paint shop pro.

Sorry for being ornery.

Lisa said...

I totally agree... I know I'd like to see my DH fill my shoes... and I wouldn't dream of attempting his...
Hillary really gets my goat...
Thanks for a wonderful post!!!
Have a great week!!!
www.homeschoolblogger.com/loving2learn

wacque said...

Beautiful before and after shot of your Texas sunrise! Hope all is well with you!
Blessings,
Jacque HFIC