Saturday, January 27, 2007

Polar Habitats ... in West Texas ???

I don't know what it is about the cold this year ... but I am definitely not enjoying the winter this year. We have had a little snow, a good deal of ice, and a good deal of rain ... which I am extremely thankful for!! But I have not enjoyed the temperatures in the teens!! My ole' bones just do not handle it well, I guess. That and the fact that I do not appreciate not having electricity and phone due to ice and raid ... utterly ridiculous!!

Oh well, enough grousing 'eh ...

But we did get quite a bit of school work done. Thankfully, I had printed out most of my Polar Habitat unit activities where I could slowly get them cut out over time. I even enlisted the help of my dear Rooster ... that man can cut out fast!! He uses his utility knife like a chef carving up a turkey!! I couldn't believe how quickly he cut those little pictures up for us.

So, I had done, certain things for Miss Savannah and Mr. Jon ... on a preschool level. BUT, WOW, did I get into BIG trouble with them. I had to rework part of their lessons, where they "looked" like the big guys!!! LOL, it was definitely a challenge at last minute, but their joy at being like the big guys, was absolutely rewarding to the nth degree!! Ya'll don't ever forget that - ya' hear ... the littlies really need to have things that look like the more advanced levels. Thankfully, most of the activities had been "preschooled" during the co-op but those that had not got overhauled by me!! Being a Super Member at Hands of a Child has already paid off. I will definitely be renewing my membership with them!! Kudos girls for a great job!!!

We had a slight moral malfunction at our house, Mom hates to be lied to!! So, ole' Mr. TV has been very SILENT this week. The only time it has been on has been for a educational video to go along with our unit. We watched March of the Penguins, The Polar Bear King, and Eight Below. I absolutely ADORE all three of those movies, so it was definitely not a hardship to enjoy those movies along with the children. But, one thing I did realize, Miss Savannah has been watching way to much tv!! I am going to have to watch when my Rooster is on nights, he sleeps with the tv on during the day so the changes in house noise doesn't disturb his sleep. LOL, poor guy can sleep through Hurricane Children, but the moment it gets quiet in the house he wakes up!! Go figure!!


Well, I think that I shall sign off for now ... ya'll have a wonderful Saturday!! I'm off to wash a load of laundry!!

No comments: