Sunday, January 28, 2007

Carefree and Breathing in God ...


















I thought about posting pictures of the kids today ... I hate studio pictures, they looks so posed and fake to me. I guess it is because no one has ever "caught" the spirit of my children on film in a studio setting yet. So, for Momma's Day last year, I gathered up my little sweetly dressed chicklets and took them out to the University of Texas - Permian Basin duck pond. I just let them go ... wander around ... be kids, carefree and breathing in the beauty of God's creation. But the best part of all of this is before I started, I took a moment and asked God to be with us, to be with me as I took pictures of my children, to help me not to stress over "perfect" shots. And it happened ... I took some of the best shots of my children I have ever taken ... a few they "posed" for but for the most part ... I just snapped them off as they came ...

No comments: