Saturday, January 20, 2007

Just in case ...

you didn't know ... computers don't work real well, when there is no electricity. We have had one wild and woolly week! Sometimes, we have electricity, sometimes we have blinky lights, sometimes we have no lights ... ROFL ... and then part of the week I generated enough heat to create my own electricity I think. Not to mention run up a bill for my poor husband to have to worry about paying with a 3 hour trip to the E.R. Talk about feeling like a gizmo ...

Oh, well, here we are ... back on track hopefully if the weather will hold and I stay well.

Due to the inclement weather, of both the outside world and the inside of me, we did about ZIP in school this week. So, here I am feeling like I am behind the eight ball. While it is only the end of the third week of school for us, I still feel so guilty for not being there teaching my children all the things I had planned for the week.

But as I have slowly come to realize, Sarah still practiced her math facts, Nathaniel still read, GW plugged along learning to read. Learning to trust my children's early dedication to their own education is obviously an issue I need to deal with, quickly.

Well, for today ... I need to sign off ... but before I go just remember it isn't about "schooling" it is all about helping them to love to learn!!

No comments: