Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day with my Family!!

oh, what a DAY!!! We left La Granja de Jordania around 7am ... that translates for those of you that don't know my crew ... of me rising at 5am ... poking the Rooster with one hand for about 15 to 20 minutes with a hot cup of coffee in the other hand, and then going to drag 5 sleepy children out of the bed where they can have their 'wake-up' showers ... well, let me back track on that. I drug three boys out of the bed where they could have their showers ... the girls ... well, Sarah bounces out of the bed and is dressed at about Mach 10 and Savannah the baby T-Rex she snuggles in her Poppie's spot until it is time to walk out the door. LOL, I LOVE brushing her hair in the truck ... that's FUN!! <>

So, anywho ... we have a day in town starting with our beloved Poppie getting his feathers trimmed. He looks so pretty once his barber is done. I love his silver hair! Then, we took the babies out for pancakes at I-Hop. Geesh is it me being cynical or has their quality of food gone down?? Oh, well, my children enjoyed it, I got breakfast out, and was able to sit and drink coffee with Poppie and had a good time. After breakfast he took us over to Cavendar's ... it was time to outfit some feet and Wrangler bottoms!! Oh, and Mommy found a too cute skirt too!!! Couldn't believe it ... finally found a LONG straight skirt - plain jane denim to boot!! So, we purchased everyone two pairs of Wranglers to cover growing legs - boy was that fun ... Nathaniel went up TWO sizes ... how in the world he was fitting into those jeans I will NEVER know!!! G.W. is going to be a cowboy heart breaker when he grows up, Rooster put a chocolate Stetson on him and I nearly fell over. Too GORGEOUS for words! LOL, I wish I had my camera with me for this outing. Of, course my little bonnie lasses did not look shabby in the red felt Stetson that he put on them either. Now, Poppie thinks they need horses ... hehehe ... he is such a sucker for these GIRLS!!! Shhhh ... don't tell anybody but I am a sucker for my boys too!!! I wonder how those kids have kept from being totally spoilt stinking rotten!!!! LOL, we left Cavendar's for a sashay through Wood's to pick up Poppie Rooster a new pair of steel-toes to wear at the office and happened up on him a quite gorgeous camel and black denim shirt. I'll have to have pictures of that one!! Next we dashed into Dillard's ... Poppie bought me a new flavor of perfume for Valentine's Day ... Valentino's Rock n Rose .. it smells SOOOO GOOD!!! I knew I was needing a new flavor ... my Obsession was turning rather stinky on me!! YUCK ... but now according to GW and Rooster ... I smell good again!! LOL, all is right in our world again ...

No comments: