Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tiny T-rex Arms ...

Each morning I gather my little chicks together ... we sit together at the table or at various points in our living area ... me cuddling my coffee mug, my girls - Smiley and Baby Girl Peach sitting in the swivel chair ... the boys - the near twins - G. Wolfie and Sir Hiss-a-lot sitting on the recliner and Big Lanky Bubba leaning up against the wall or door (looking like he is waiting to BOLT!!) So, today Rooster-love came in just as we started our morning "staff" meeting. As I started down the list of chores that we needed to accomplish, I hear a growl. Trying to keep my composure, I continue talking to Big Lanky Bubba about the particular extras that need to be done because he uhm, well, glossed over them yesterday. **SIGH** Then, I move on to Smiley ... 'and when you are vacuuming the bedroom, Peach will be your pick-up buddy' **GROWL** -- I turn to see my precious little Peach slashing the air and growling, not at me mind you ... at Rooster, because he has his little t-rex arms up slashing and growling at her. Needless to say it took me forever to get through the morning staff meeting - between bouts of growls, and tiny t-rex arms -- which by the way is HILARIOUS on a 6 foot plus Texas sized cowboy!

So, now here it is 9:30 most of our chores are either done, or well under way. I have little happy faces sitting around me at the table as I blog ... eating their oatmeal and toast. Lanky Bubba has lost his bolt look - hehhehe ... the best thing for him ever morning is his first morning run out to the pens ... he doesn't get that look because he wants to run from me, it is pure - he loves his animals. G. Wolfie is swaying to the soft music playing on the radio, happily eating his second or third bowl of oatmeal ... you know you lose count after a bit. Peach has jelly smeared from ear to ear, and is laughing and eating with her brothers. Hisser is quietly eating his oatmeal, stirring, taking a bite, stirring, swirling ... bless his heart it takes him forever to eat a bowl of cereal. I have to keep after him though, there can be no skimping on his part. And Miss Smiley ... little momma, she makes sure that all her brothers and her sister has enough to eat. She is such a blessing to me ... she has oatmeal down cold. I think she is going to be a great cook. Her cream gravy isn't too shabby, either.

Well, enough from me today ... I need to get along with my work. I am working on a co-op lapbook Blackbeard and Pirates - units from Hands of a Child. We are reading American History about the colonies from "A First Book in American History", "Stories of Great Americans for Little Americans"and "American History Stories Volumes I & II". And I think I am going to have Lanky Bubba start working on the Multiplication Pizza Party Lapbook from Hands of a Child today too. He is doing so well changing over from addition/subtraction to multiplication/division. I love that boys mathematical mind ... it amazes me. Heheheh obviously this is from a woman that has to have a calculator, and software to balance her checkbook.


No comments: