Saturday, February 17, 2007

Being Thankful

You realize occasionally in life, that it is NEVER to late to start counting your blessings. There are days that life jumps up and does a spinning, flying back kick at your nose ... and hits it dead on. This weekend is one of those times. Our local country station, that we listen to frequently, is supporting the St. Jude's telethon.

First, let me say that listening is hard enough. Adding to that the fact that we have eight healthy, walking, talking children and one heavenly angel. Well, let's say that just pretty much pushes it over the top for this mom. And then, my beloved came home yesterday, fell into my arms and sobbed ... well, that was just too much for me. So, here I have sat with five of my bevy of busy bees buzz buzz buzzing around me today. In and out of my lap, under the dining table where I am working using my feet for ramps to jump their cars off and over. I have counted my blessings over and over this morning. And I still come back to the fact that I am so unworthy of these precious gifts from God. While my children are far from perfect, they CANNOT walk on water, but they are mine, and they are awesome sights to behold.

Shew ... too teary eyed ... LOL!!

Well, today is wash day for mom ... we have a system worked out, finally that looks to be working. Or at least it has for the last three weeks. Now, at any moment it could fall apart, but for now we are having less stress in the laundry department. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday are boy wash days - three boys hence three boy wash days (Thank you God for five work days in a week! No arguments over who washes when!!) Then, we have the girls wash days on Tuesday and Thursday. As it works out, usually the girls wash on Tuesday and are done until next Tuesday unless they "want" something extra washed. Sarah strikes yet again ... she keeps their laundry washed! Now, Nathaniel and GW are a little slower about it, but they are figuring out a system ... it usually works out to Monday=dark, Wednesday=reds, and Friday=lights. I bleach whites on Saturday, and do mine and Rooster's laundry on Saturday or Sunday after church IF I am lazy on Saturday. Which today ... for some strange reason, I have washed, dried, hung, folded and put away 4 loads ... so nanner nannner nannnner I don't have laundry to do tomorrow!! YIPPEEEEEE!!! Now, I just have to wrangle those kids back in the house to fold their socks and unders. Today for the record is the first BEAUTIFUL day we have had in a bit ... it has been colder than I care for!! Obviously there are MANY reasons I live in warm West Texas ... and lack of cold is pretty close to the TOP!!!

until we chat again ...

No comments: