Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Ring-a-ling-a-ding-ling ...

You know how we all choose that “just” right ring tone to play on our phones when a certain special person in our lives calls us.

I have Darius Rucker’s “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” on mine for when my kids call me, because I realize it won’t be like this for long. So, I better answer them every time they call me. Then, when my Rooster-lovey calls me, well, “our” song plays - George Straits, “I Cross My Heart”. Or when Tatia calls, “Chicken Fry” by Zach Brown plays cause well … that’s my kid’s favorite song.

Of course the kid’s chose Alan Jackson’s “Small Town Southern Man” for their Poppa. And for their mother – they chose “Redneck Woman” by Gretchen Wilson … okay so I don’t like champagne or beer … but I know what they are saying – Momma keeps it real! That’s what happens when you raise your kids barefoot … hahahaha

And then there are those songs that come on and remind you of what you wished someone felt about you …

And then there are those songs that come on and reminds you of what you know someone truly feels about you each and every time you look into his eyes. So, my sweet Rooster-lovey, here is the song I hear, every time I look into your gorgeous hazel bedroom eyes…

Just One Woman … by Tracy Byrd

When Roy was a young man his friends used to tell all about
The girls they ran with and he’d just shake his head
And they’d get to laughing and asking
Well, Roy just how many girls you loving on these days
And he’d turn three shakes of red
But if you ask him now he’ll tell you
Boy, this old man’s been around
And I ain’t one to brag but you’d be hard pressed
To find too many other men around this here town
That’s loved the way I have

Just one woman
One amazing, worth the waiting
Angel from above
Just one woman is all I’ve ever loved

Well, I asked him once, Roy, don’t you think by now
She’d have wanted you to move on
He said, no, not yet
Cause once a man’s stared into the eyes
Of the most beautiful woman God ever made
Well, that’s something an old man don’t forget
But boy, don’t you worry about me none
My time here’s nearly done and I know when I’m gone
These old bones are gonna fly and I’ll be reaching for the sky
And I’ll be holding on

Just one woman
One amazing, worth the waiting
Angel from above
Just one woman
Is all I’ve ever loved

Just one woman
One amazing, worth the waiting
Angel from above
Just one woman
It’s all I’ve ever loved
She’s all I’ll ever love.

Yep, … that’s what you make my heart feel like … and while I KNOW your time isn’t anywhere near come, I understand … I really and truly understand what you told me this weekend … and I love you … just one man … you’re all I’ve ever loved … you’re all I ever will love!

No comments: