Sunday, March 22, 2009

Birthday Wishes ...

Today ... is the 12th year that we have been blessed with ...

The Big Bubba ... he is the one that started our story ... and he is usually the one that instigates moments like these .... where all of my children are strangling a poor komodo dragon statue in the Fort Worth Zoo ...

or ....
all of my children perched on the ledge in the water park ribbiting like frogs ... because well they were near the water ...
Then, there are the moments when God's tiniest and very beautiful creatures catch his attention, and just don't let go. He was simply entranced by these beautiful little birds in the zoo. They bought little sticks with bird seed stuck to them to feed to the birds. He ended up with birds all over him ... trying to not only eat the food he had for them, but also nibble at his ears. Funny how their touch never concerned him in the least bit.
Of course of late, you will find him pestering his father with relentless questions about how this works, why this is the way it is, or what does this do, where is this or that, when does this occur, and on and on and on the questions roll ... And his questions are never annoying, they are thoughtful and though provoking. Of course those questions that come at 11:00 at night when we are trying to fall asleep are a bit frustrating. And no matter how many times we show him how to Google an answer to his more technical questions, he still comes to both Rooster and I first. Don't get me wrong, I love it! I love the fact that he thinks we are a fount of knowledge~~~
These boys have seen their share of rattlers since we live in the country, but alas they never seem to tire of any display of one especially one that is this long!!
Happiest of birthday wishes to my dear Big Bubba ... you are my tenderheart ... and I love you tenderly with all my Momma heart!
Edit ... sorry ... I have referred to the above mentioned child in this post as Big Bubba, and have been informed that he prefers the online moniker of Ranger ... ah, I love my children soooo much!

No comments: