Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Poem to Consider


All the rest came

They tried to make me laugh

They played their games with me

Some games for fun, and some for keeps

And then they went away.

Leaving me in ruins of games

Not knowing which were for keeps and

Which were for fun and

Leaving me alone with the echoes of

Laughter that was not mine.

Then you came

With your funny way of being

Not quite human

And you made me cry

And you didn't seem to care if I did

You just said the games are over

And waited

Until all my tears turned into

Joy.


By Sheila, written for Torey Hayden

2 comments:

Mama 'N Me said...

What a wonderful mixture of things you have here. Thanks for visiting our blog. We look forward to getting to know you!

Jennisa said...

Thanks for coming over to my site! Looks like you dabble in digi scrapbooking, yourself!!! :)