Saturday, August 18, 2007

What exactly is a burden?

Lately in my life, the question of what is actually a burden keeps popping up. My precious grandparents that raised me think they are a burden. Why?? Because they may need someone to be there for them the way they have been there for me all of my life. My husband thinks buying his school books are a burden. Hmm, husband going to school - going to need school books - I seem to think I knew that!! My son that broke his great toe on his left foot thinks it is a burden to care for him. Doesn't he realize that I signed up for the long haul, 11 years ago when he was conceived??? AND when I found out that I was carrying another "Hard-way" Jordan … well, I just knew I was in for stitches and broken bones. There are some cycles in families that well, just aren't meant to be broken.

Psalm 55:22 says, "Cast your burden on the Lord, And he shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

I have no burdens wait, correction I TRY to have no burdens...I work at letting the Lord carry my burdens. I am practicing more and more every day to pass my worries and burdens on to Him. He will carry them on his shoulders instead of me trying to carry them on mine. It doesn't do me one bit of good to sit here and worry about WHEN the mega corp. is going to transfer my precious Rooster. I'll be old and gray before they make a move ... oh wait, I am old and gray. **SIGH** Talk about having a dowagers hump, WOW!! If I were to try to carry all of this nonsense and hubbub around on my shoulders, I wouldn't just have a dowager's hump; I would look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Some people have obviously NOT raised a G. Wolfie ... hehehe ... not mention the rest of the Wild Bunches escapades. But seriously ... what was that song, don' t worry, be happy ... where is my fruit juice and paper umbrella ... no, wait ... they have a hurricane in the Caribbean right now ... guess I better just continue to hang out here under the mesquite trees **GIGGLE** in W. Texas sipping some lemonade.

I have a lot of questions .. mostly Why's? some Why not's? But I figure those can wait until the time that I am sitting at my Lord's feet ... then, he can fill my little heart with all the answers I truly needed.

No comments: