Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mountains Outta Molehills

Do you?... Do you make mountains out of molehills? I just finished reading the AOP Newsletter - Daily Focus and it gave me a good WHALLOP up side the head. One of those times, where you go, "YES FATHER, I am listening ... I am applying it to ME ... no one else!"

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)


There is nothing in my life that is too hard for God to handle. But yet I find myself - struggling, hanging on to hurts, fighting anger and rage, withdrawing into my own world - as if I am the only person that has ever had to deal with my particular situation. ((SIGH)) Forgetting to be just thankful that I have the "problems" to deal with daily that I have ... instead of five little sticky pairs of hands to clean up after, I could have none.

Maybe it is more than just making mountains out of molehills, maybe it is also seeing the glass half full, instead of half empty. A negative spin always seems to make that molehill look more like Mt. Kilaminjaro, instead of the little handful of sand that it actually is.

No comments: