Monday, March 30, 2009

Picturing Texas ...

I love Texas ...
I love just nearly all things Texas ...
and old buildings in quaint little towns or metropolisis for that matter really trip this girls trigger!


This is the Santa Fe Railstation in Gainesville ...
I took these pictures when we were there last year in February. My mother-in-law lived there, we went to visit her in the last moments of her life. She lived in this neat little retirement apartment building. And right next door was the train station. It is an Amtrak station, but was orginally built as an Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Depot, and has a museum located on the first floor. Upstairs are city offices and a replica of a Harvey House overnight stay quarters. This beauty was built in 1901 and designed by C.W. Felt, the chief engineer of the Sante Fe Railroad (Henry, J. C., Architecture in Texas, 1895 - 1945). By the way if you are at all interested in Texas Architecture, I really enjoyed reading this book. I don't have a clue about architecture, I am not an architect by any means, so I have no opinion on the book. I like, no strike that, I love old buildings ... but I know what makes me feel at home, and comfortable when I am traveling ... and this by far and way was a place that washed me in emotion.


Hidden back from view on one side by beautiful oak trees ...


With the most quaint little "lamps" I have EVER seen ...

Truly a charming little place to visit and walk around with the Wild Bunch.





No comments: