Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Tenderly my heart aches ...

Another year has passed ... our precious little boy would have been seven this year. Years ago, I had a professor tell me that I should have more than one child. So, if something happened to that child, the other child would fill its void. For all his education, that PhD knew absolutely nothing about this mother's heart.

Dear sweet Austyn Wyatt Jordan, today you would have turned seven. Miss Baby-Girl never knew you, but she is so very sure that your sweet spirits were best friends up in heaven. I don't know if that is possible ... but I do know this ... it is a very comforting thought that my baby boy, and my baby girl knew each other long before she came to be with us on this earth. Maybe baby spirits do come straight from heaven ... I would like to think that God has a hand in which children we each are blessed with.

Smiley-girl and Big Bubba of course have the fondest and strongest memories besides Rooster and I. They miss you so much ... just as much I think as Roo and I do.

On your birthday, we laid in bed together looking up at your portrait ... so peaceful. Just as peaceful as when you laid in your carseat in front of the kitchen window snoozing ... your little heart so content.

Thank you God for the ten beautiful days you gave us ... with the most peaceful baby in the world. While we would have loved 10 years, times 10 ... we will take the ten days gratefully, knowing that it could have only been 10 hours or worse yet 10 minutes.

No comments: